Long Exposure Masterclass 2022
Proposed Date: Sunday 4thDecember 2022 12:00 – 4:00pm
Location: Central London
Group Size: (Max) 4 people
Join me for a Masterclass on long exposure photography in central London.
We’ll spend our time visiting some iconic and some less well-known locations in pursuit of developing and fine-tuning your skills in long exposure photography whilst still capturing stunning images.
We will start off at midday and take our time walking along the River Thames/in the City focusing in on daytime long exposures with neutral density filters. Extending shutter times for a whole array of effects such as blurring the moving water and clouds, people and objects. We’ll also cover some ICM (Intentional Camera Movement) and panning techniques.
- Refresher on how to how to obtain correct exposure and set up camera when using ND filters to take long exposures.
- Developing your compositions in view of using filters and extended shutter times.
- Blurring motion including ICM and panning to capture speed and movement and emotion to your images.
- Visualization – How to see like an artist and my methods of exploring location to find subjects and how to anticipate elements and movement in advance of capture.
- Tips on creating compelling photographs for your audience: intrigue, storytelling, mystery and more.
- Mastering use of light and using this together with subject matter.
- Taking your long exposure photography to the next level – advanced tips to ensure that you come away with an array of outstanding images.
What to bring:
- Camera equipment: DSLR, Mirrorless, Bridge and lenses (wide and short telephoto recommended),
- Remote release,
- Spare batteries
- Empty memory cards.
- ND Filters and Polarizer
- Warm clothing and light waterproof jacket.
Fee: £295 per person
Please use the add to cart button above right to complete and reserve a place.