Night Photography Masterclass 2022
Date: Saturday 3rd December 2022 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Location: Central London
Group Size: (Max) 4 People
Join me for a 1 day Masterclass on night photography in central London.
We’ll spend our time visiting some iconic and some less well-known locations in pursuit of developing and fine-tuning your skills in night photography.
We will start off at 3:30pm as the sun begins to set and take our time walking along the River Thames focusing in tackling the changing light. Once the sun has set at 4pm we can move onto developing blue hour/night images as the urban lights begin to come on and the ambient light fades.
With a small group size of a maximum 5, you will be sure to get plenty of 1-2-1 tuition, ensuring you learn as much as possible in the time we have together. We’ll finish with a well earned drink at the end of the day and run through any questions.
- Quick refresher on exposure if needed.
- How to obtain correct exposure in fast changing light and specifically for the blue hour and later
- White balance tips and considerations.
- Utilising blur, aperture spikes and light trail techniques to add emphasis and energy to your images.
- Developing your compositions in view of using extended shutter times.
- Visualization – How to see like an artist and my methods of exploring location to find subjects and how to anticipate elements and movement in advance of capture.
- Tips on creating compelling photographs for your audience: intrigue, storytelling, mystery and more.
- Mastering use of light and using this together with subject matter.
- Taking your night photography to the next level – advanced tips to ensure that you come away with an array of outstanding images.
I am happy to offer every participant 30 minutes of time as follow up (by phone or zoom) to discuss any questions or post-production advice or to run through any image edits in Lightroom or Photoshop.
What to bring:
- Camera equipment: DSLR, Mirrorless, Bridge, lenses (wide and short telephoto recommended), remote release, spare batteries and cards.
- Remote release
- Warm clothing and light waterproof jacket.
Fee: £295 per person
Please use the add to cart button above right to complete and reserve a place.