Long Exposure Masterclass
Date: Sunday 3rd May 2020 1:30pm – 6.30pm
Location: Central London
Group Size: Max 5 People
Join me for a 1 day Masterclass on long exposure photography in central London.
We’ll spend our time visiting some iconic and some less well-known locations in pursuit of developing and fine-tuning your skills in long exposure photography.
We will start off at 1:30pm and take our time walking along the River Thames focusing in on daytime long exposures with filters and as the sun sets around 4pm we can move onto sunset and blue hour/night photography in the city.
With a small group size of a maximum 5 you will be sure to get plenty of 1-2-1 tuition, making sure you learn as much as possible in the time we have together. We’ll finish with a well earned drink at the end of the day and run through any questions.
- Refresher on how to how to obtain correct exposure and set up camera when using ND filters to take long exposures.
- Developing your compositions in view of using filters and extended shutter times.
- Visualization – How to see like an artist and my methods of exploring location to find subjects and how to anticipate elements and movement in advance of capture.
- Tips on creating compelling photographs for your audience: intrigue, storytelling, mystery and more.
- Mastering use of light and using this together with subject matter.
- Taking your night photography to the next level – advanced tips to ensure that you come away with an array of outstanding images.
I am happy to offer every participant 30 minutes of time as follow up (by phone or Skype/Whatsapp video) to discuss any questions post-production advice or to run through any image edits in Lightroom or Photoshop.
What to bring:
- Camera equipment: DSLR, Mirrorless, Bridge, lenses (wide and short telephoto recommended), remote release, spare batteries and cards.
- ND Filters and Polarizer
- Warm clothing and light waterproof jacket.
Fee: £325 per person
Please click here or the shop icon on the left menu bar.